The VW restoration spot.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

General: The Sleeper's Sleeper

This weekend, I move my 1958 bug to its new home in Valley Stream, NY. Finally, my complete project has been moved to New York. No more driving to New Jersey on Saturdays to work on my ride. My last arrangement was very complicated, as the shop was open only on Saturdays. During the work week, I could not make it in time to work on my car for 1 or 2 hours a day. Also, paying $6.00 day for Holland Tunnel fees was killing my pocket no matter how much efforts I put on my car. My project has been running for almost 4 years because of this arrangement. Sometimes I was only able to work on my VolksRide 1 time per month, but I was still paying a regular monthly holding and shop fee. Let just say, it has added about $8k to the cost of my project and I am glad to be in NY, even if it is not in Brooklyn. Who would have ever guessed that moving to NY would be cheaper, saving me $1,116 per year. So now the Sleeper can sleep like a New Yorker. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home