The VW restoration spot.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Headliner: Rear Window progress

Ok, this time I think I have the rear window 90% cut out and 99% past the idiot (I screwed up again) stage. Installing the rear fabric is by far the most nerve racking thing one could ever endure. It feels like you are pissing away $120 per try. In the past, I lost $700 dollars from a hole in my favorite worn out jean pants pocket, but something about failing more than three times on a $120 headliner was way more fustrating . At least I live in hope that one day I will find my $700 lost four years ago in some weird hiding place in my apartment. Yes, I still pray for my money! :-)

The last remaining peice is clamping the lower section to the window ledge. I was getting to close with my cuts so I left the shop for the day. Also, the most important thing that helped me out this far was having a second pair of eyes (which) was the only brian. Evidently, my eyes and lack of a brain helped me fail two tries ago by myself.

More to come next week. Wish me luck or send me $120.00, I'd be trying once more if I do... :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home